Few books remain as timeless as ‘Animal Farm’. As a book that deals with powerful issues such as ‘power’, ‘inequality’, ‘leadership’, and ‘ community’, it remains as relevant today as it did in the 1940s. Join Joy of Anubhava as we engage with this book through a ‘virtual’ workshop for adults using storytelling, role plays, photos, writing, debates, and music.
Given the situation in the world today, we can all use authentic connection with our peers. Joy of Anubhava provides you that opportunity to connect with other individuals who love this book as well. Through this two-hour online workshop, we not only deep dive into the storyline and the characters but also time travel with them. Get ready to answer thought-provoking “what if” questions, to meet new people, form genuine connections, and above all have fun dabbling with different art forms as we explore a classic book!
What can you expect to take away from this workshop?
- A personalized digital scrapbook of all the work done during the workshop
- Become part of a global community of book lovers
- Enhance your critical thinking, creativity, and ability to empathize
- A different take on the book
What materials do you need?
- Zoom- We will use zoom for this workshop, and we request you to install this plugin
- A laptop/iPad
- Access to the book (if possible)- while we encourage you to read the book prior to the workshop, we will also send to links to summaries once you sign up!
What have others said about our workshops?
- “Really great way to inculcate the habit of reading for those who want to pick it up. Also opens up your mind in terms of different perceptions and ways of thinking. I personally loved the workshop!”
- “Cannot think of a better way to explore a book. Superb. Don’t miss out.”
Virtually Engage with ‘Animal Farm’
Date: 24th May
Time: 11 AM to 1 PM
Age Group: 18 + years (adults)
Joy of Anubhava implements programs and workshops where we deep dive into books through art forms such as drawing, photos, music, theatre, storytelling, and creative writing. These workshops are designed for participants to gain 21st Century and Social & Emotional Learning skills.
About the facilitators
Anand Srinivasan has been a Mridangam player since he was 10 years old. Music has played an extensive role in his life. He is also a painter. Apart from this, Anand has worked in the field of data science and technology for the past 10 years. He is one of the co-founders of Joy of Anubhava and is the brain behind all of the artwork that the participants engage with!
Poorvaja Prakash has been working in education and development for the last 8 years, particularly in curriculum design, facilitating participatory research activities with children, and adults, designing programs for school transformation, training, and capacity building in India and other developing countries. She has been an active participant in debates, Model UNs, and public speaking throughout her childhood!